THE BLUE ECONOMY
BLUE GROWTH - The Blue Economy respond to basic needs of all with what you have, introducing innovations inspired by nature, generating multiple benefits, including jobs and social capital, offering more with less.
* Substitute something with Nothing – Question any resource regarding its necessity for production.
* Natural systems cascade nutrients, matter and energy – waste does not exist. Any by-product is the source for a new product.
* Nature evolved from a few species to a rich biodiversity. Wealth means diversity. Industrial standardization is the contrary.
* Nature provides room for entrepreneurs who do more with less. Nature is contrary to monopolization.
* Gravity is main source of energy, solar energy is the second renewable fuel.
* Water is the primary solvent (no complex, chemical, toxic catalysts).
* In nature the constant is change. Innovations take place in every moment.
* Nature only works with what is locally available. Sustainable business evolves with respect not only for local resources, but also for culture and tradition.
* Nature responds to basic needs and then evolves from sufficiency to abundance.
* The present economic model relies on scarcity as a basis for production and consumption.
* Natural systems are non-linear.
* In Nature everything is biodegradable – it is just a matter of time.
* In natural systems everything is connected and evolving towards symbiosis.
* In Nature water, air, and soil are the commons, free and abundant.
* In Nature one process generates multiple benefits.
* Natural systems share risks. Any risk is a motivator for innovations.
* Nature is efficient. So sustainable business maximizes use of available material and energy, which reduces the unit price for the consumer.
* Nature searches for the optimum for all involucrated elements.
* In Nature negatives are converted into positives. Problems are opportunities.
* Nature searches for economies of scope. One natural innovation carries various benefits for all.
WHAT IS THE BLUE ECONOMY ?
The ideal was adopted in part with reference to Gunter Pauli and The Blue Economy.
The market economy is not capable of delivering to poor people as persistent rates of poverty and malnutrition demonstrate. The market economy is not capable of creating jobs for everyone as persistent rates of unemployment confirm. The world needs a business model that performs better; one that generates value, circulates money in the local economy and aims to provide products and services with inputs, capital, energy and human resources that are locally available. This is the underlying theme of Blue Growth, taking the tenets of The Blue Economy and expanding human operation out to sea, looking for new job prospects and opportunities.
FINANCIAL SLAVERY: POOR ARE SLAVES TO THE RICH
That “the rich get richer and poor people get poorer”
is confirmed by the existence of poverty and unemployment in a
modern society that allows such inequality. We need a major
shuffle of policies to eliminate unemployment, possibly by
replacing any benefit systems with an entitlement, allied to
personal wealth accumulation limitations. Proposals along
these lines will not win votes in the camps of the wealthy.
Today those with money expect to earn money just on their money, without toil. Trading in stocks and currencies is making billions for those who have billions. Those who make billions, both individuals and corporations exploit the loopholes of tax laws to pay little back into the system that allowed them to profit by what many might see as immoral earnings.
Nearly all profitable corporations and the wealthy limit their involvement in the social economy to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes that are tax deductible; in other words the community pays once again from the loss of taxes that could be used to prevent poverty.
A Utopia Tristar flatpack. An example of a modest timber mobile home 28'x18' for couples & small families. The price of the flatpack means that any local worker could afford to buy. The price of land for building is said to be controlled by wealthy developers and councils who work together as land-barons to fix values. Copyright © diagrams Utopia Tristar Partners 2013. All rights reserved.
POVERTY & UNEMPLOYMENT
Poverty is spreading in absolute numbers. Youth unemployment is on the rise across the globe. This parameter is hitting alarming rates and indicates that the next generation has a limited opportunity to earn a minimum wage required to take care of a family. This means that poverty is not only on the rise, but it is likely to stay. Jobless youth is not limited to the developing world. Countries like Spain, Italy and Greece have more than 50% of their most dynamic members of society left idle. Palestine is in a stranglehold that puts 98% of all the young people under the age of 26 out of a job.
The “trickle-down effect” has not succeeded in overcoming extant poverty.
Wealth creation does not work to assist the poor.
LINKS & REFERENCE
KULO LUNA - This magnificent animal stages a fight with those who oppress her kind by killing them for meat, knowing that the species is not fully recovered.
This website is provided on a free basis as a public information service. Copyright © Cleaner Oceans Foundation Ltd (COFL) (Company No: 4674774) December 2018. Solar Studios, BN271RF, United Kingdom. COFL is a charity without share capital.